The 500 hour training is a continuation of SoundYoga 250 hour Teacher Training based on the teachings of Sri Tirumalai Krishnamacharya and T.K.V. Desikachar and is a certified training in the tradition of Krishnamacharya.
Inquire about our next Teacher Training
206.938.8195 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This training fulfills all the requirements for a 500 hour Soundyoga Teacher Certification.
Only ten applicants are accepted ensuring that you will benefit from our holistic methods and a rich, personal learning environment.
You will have the personal attention of a mentor throughout the training.
We will continue to focus on teaching to individuals and include more Yoga Therapy principles.
175 hrs Classroom Presentation
15 hrs Private Mentoring
30 hrs Home Study
15 hrs Class Observation
15 hrs Supervised Teaching
The 500 hour training includes balance postures and advanced asana. There are several modules dedicated to special populations like prenatal and seniors. We will look at the chakra model and explore its use in teaching. You will learn advanced Pranayama and Meditation techniques and how to incorporate them into your teaching. You will be introduced to working one on one with students. We will discuss the business of Yoga. Upon completion, students are eligible for Yoga Alliance 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Registration.
Course Curriculum for 500 Hour Training
ASANA, COURSE PLANNING AND TEACHING METHODOLOGIES (90 hours)
- Advanced Asana postures and their application
- Adaptation and Modification
- How to structure an Asana practice to reach a specific goal
- Communication skills
- How to set up a Yoga business
PRANAYAMA (15 hours)
- Planning for different ratios in a practice
- Bandhas and their practice
MEDITATION, MANTRA AND CHANTING (25 hours)
- Learning different techniques for Meditation
- Structure of a full Mediation practice
- How to link Mantra-Nyasa-Mudra
- Advanced Vedic Chant
HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY OF YOGA (35 hours)
- Yoga Sutras – completing chapters 1 and 2
- Model of Yoga for the stages of life
- Yoga vs religion
ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY AND AYURVEDA (10 hours)
- Overview of human systems, Cardio-Vascular, Respiratory, Digestive, Endocrine, Urinary System, Reproductive and Nervous System
- Pathology of common illnesses associated with each of the systems
TEACHING PRIVATELY 1: (5 Hours)
- Teaching individually to help regain health
- Meditation for individual practice
Dates to be determined for 202o. Please EMAIL the studio with any inquiries.
- Completion of the SoundYoga 250 Hour Teacher Training Program
Students successfully completing the course requirements will receive a SoundYoga Teacher Training Diploma and be eligible for registration with the Yoga Alliance at the 500 hour level.
Fees and charges
Application and registration fee (non refundable) » $100.00
Tuition Fee » $3500.00
TOTAL CHARGES » $3600.00
Included in your cost:
- All weekend sessions
- 10 group classes
- 8 observations
- 15 hours private mentoring
The full tuition of $3500 is due the first weekend of training. We accept cash or check. If you would like to use a credit card we accept Visa and Mastercard, however you will have to pay the credit card fee. Your application and registration fee of $100 is separate and nonrefundable.