The SoundYoga 250 hour Teacher Training is based on the teachings of Sri Tirumalai Krishnamacharya and T.K.V. Desikachar and is a certified training in the tradition of Krishnamacharya.
Inquire about our next Teacher Training
206.938.8195 or email: email@example.com
Course Curriculum for 250 Hour Training
- Yoga’s evolution in India
- History and discussion of the Yoga Sutras
- Definitions of Yoga
- Subtle Yoga Physiology and energy systems of prana, the nadis, chakras, etc. and their symbolism
- Definition of Ayurveda
- Overview of Muscular and Skeletal systems
- Links between Ayurveda and Yoga
- Ayurvedic Constitution
- Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle counseling
- Definitions and qualities of 50 Asana postures
- Principles of Asana practice
- Techniques of most common Asanas
- Concept/Technique of breathing in Asana practice
- Vinyasa Krama (linking poses)
- Static and Dynamic practices
- Adaptation and Modification
- How to structure an Asana practice
- Preparation, main goal, completion
- Concept of counterpose and rest
- Definitions and qualities of Pranayama
- Principles of Pranayama practice
- Primary Pranayama techniques
- Ratios in Pranayama practice
- Definitions of Dharana, Dhyana, Samadhi
- Process of Meditation
- Kinds and Purposes of Meditation
- Practical examples of Meditation
- Meditation in general group settings
- Basics of Vedic Chant, learning to read transliteration
- Chanting Yoga Sutras and Vedic Chants
- Sound/Chant in Asana, Pranayama and Meditation
- One on One, the Classical Model
- Code of ethics/ confidentiality/Yamas
- Principles of safe practice
- Establishing goals, inspiring confidence
- Initial contact /establishing rapport
The total 250-hour course will take 12 months to complete. Weekend training is scheduled on Saturdays 10am to 6pm and Sundays 11am to 6pm, and is held in West Seattle.
- Dedication to personal growth and self-discovery through yoga.
- A willingness to learn and to explore yoga in the tradition of Krishnamacharya.
- Devotion to serious study and consistent practice of Yoga.
- Have the mental and emotional stability and physical health to fulfill the demands of the training.
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills.
- Provide letters of recommendation from two individuals that you have known at least two years. The letters are to include the writer’s opinion of your communication skills, strengths and weaknesses, mental stability and emotional maturity.
Students successfully completing the course requirements, participants will receive a SoundYoga Teacher Training Diploma and be eligible for registration with the Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour level. You will also be eligible for entrance into SoundYoga 500 hour Teacher Training and certification upon completion of the 500 hour training.
Fees and charges
Application and registration fee (non refundable) » $100.00
Tuition Fee » $4000.00
TOTAL CHARGES » $4100.00
Included in your cost:
- All weekend sessions
- 10 group classes
- 8 observations
- 15 hours private mentoring
The full tuition of $4000 is due the first weekend of training. We accept cash or check. If you would like to use a credit card we accept Visa and Mastercard, however you will have to pay the credit card fee. Your application and registration fee of $100 is separate and nonrefundable.
Required text books
SoundYoga can assist students in obtaining the following books:
- Why Yoga Works & How It Can Work For You by Chris Dormaier, Fran Ubertini & Robert Birnberg
- Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar
- Viniyoga of Yoga by TKV Desikachar
- An Illustrated Guide to Asana by Michael J. Smith
- Health, Healing and Beyond by TKV Desikachar
- Reflections on Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by TKV Desikachar
- Anatomy books to be determined