To inquire about our next Teacher Training please call: 206.938.8195 or email: email@example.com
Course Curriculum for 250 Hour Training
HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY OF YOGA (35 hours)
- Yoga’s evolution in India
- History and discussion of the Yoga Sutras
- Definitions of Yoga
ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY AND AYURVEDA (30 hours)
- Subtle Yoga Physiology and energy systems of prana, the nadis, chakras, etc. and their symbolism.
- Definition of Ayurveda
- Overview of Muscular and Skeletal systems
- Links between Ayurveda and Yoga
- Ayurvedic Constitution
- Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle counseling
ASANA, COURSE PLANNING AND TEACHING METHODOLOGIES (90 hours)
- Definitions and qualities of 50 Asana postures
- Principles of Asana practice
- Techniques of most common Asanas
- Concept/Technique of breathing in Asana practice.
- Vinyasa Krama (linking poses)
- Static and Dynamic practices
- Adaptation and Modification
- How to structure an Asana practice
- Preparation, main goal, completion
- Concept of counterpose and rest
PRANAYAMA (20 hours)
- Definitions and qualities of Pranayama
- Principles of Pranayama practice
- Primary Pranayama techniques
- Ratios in Pranayama practice
MEDITATION, MANTRA AND CHANTING (25 hours)
- Definitions of Dharana, Dhyana, Samadhi
- Process of Meditation
- Kinds and Purposes of Meditation
- Practical examples of Meditation
- Meditation in general group settings
- Basics of Vedic Chant, learning to read transliteration
- Chanting Yoga Sutras and Vedic Chants
- Sound/Chant in Asana, Pranayama and Meditation
TEACHING PRIVATELY 1: (15 Hours)
- One on One, the Classical Model
- Code of ethics/ confidentiality/Yamas
- Principles of safe practice
- Establishing goals, inspiring confidence
- Initial contact /establishing rapport
- 180 hrs Classroom Presentation
- 11 Weekends (Saturday & Sunday)
- 15 hrs Private Mentoring
- 40 hrs Home Study
- 10 hrs Class Observation
- 10 hrs Supervised Teaching
The 250 hour training includes basic asana, beginning techniques of meditation. You will begin practicing teaching techniques starting with your very first weekend. Upon completion, students are eligible for Yoga Alliance 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Registration.
The total 250-hour course will take 12 months to complete. Weekend training is scheduled on Saturdays 10am to 6pm and Sundays 11am to 6pm, and is held in West Seattle.
- Dedication to personal growth and self-discovery through yoga.
- A willingness to learn and to explore yoga in the tradition of Krishnamacharya.
- Devotion to serious study and consistent practice of Yoga.
- Have the mental and emotional stability and physical health to fulfill the demands of the training.
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills.
- Provide letters of recommendation from two individuals that you have known at least two years. The letters are to include the writer’s opinion of your communication skills, strengths and weaknesses, mental stability and emotional maturity.
Students successfully completing the course requirements, participants will receive a SoundYoga Teacher Training Diploma and be eligible for registration with the Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour level. You will also be eligible for entrance into SoundYoga 500 hour Teacher Training and certification upon completion of the 500 hour training.
Fees and Charges
Application and registration fee (non refundable) » $100.00
Tuition Fee » $4000.00
TOTAL CHARGES » $4100.00
Included in your cost:
- All weekend sessions
- 10 group classes
- 8 observations
- 15 hours private mentoring
Several payment plans are available and we accept cash, check, Visa and Mastercard. Your application and registration fee of $100 is separate and nonrefundable. Any payment given ahead of the beginning of the training toward developing your own personal practice can be applied to the cost of the teacher training. If you choose to pay in full before the beginning of the training you will receive a $500.00 discount of the total owed. Other payment arrangements can be adjusted by contract with SoundYoga.
Required Text Books
SoundYoga can assist students in obtaining the following books:
- Why Yoga Works & How It Can Work For You by Chris Dormaier, Fran Ubertini & Robert Birnberg
- Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar
- Viniyoga of Yoga by TKV Desikachar
- An Illustrated Guide to Asana by Michael J. Smith
- Health, Healing and Beyond by TKV Desikachar
- Reflections on Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by TKV Desikachar
- Anatomy books to be determined
SoundYoga Teacher Training is a registered teacher training school with The Yoga Alliance at the 200 and the 500 hour level.
5639 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98136